The experience of Canadian communities that have been making positive changes for a number of years has informed the development of five critical milestones on the way to becoming age-friendly. This approach recognizes that communities have different needs and capacities in relation to the eight domains of an age-friendly community.
The Age Friendly Communities milestones are:
- Establish an Age-Friendly Committee
- Secure the support of your municipal government
- Assess the community, determining where Age-Friendly initiatives are needed
- Develop and implement an action plan
- Prepare to evaluate each stage of the project and each of its initiatives
Click here for Graphic of Community Milestones